Bus and Coach Mechanic
- Industry Trades & Services
- Job Location Townsville, QLD
- Salary Range From($AUD) $64,000
- Salary Range To($AUD) $69,000
- ANZSCO Job Diesel Motor Mechanic(321212)
About the Role
This company is a leading Australian Coach and Bus Servicing Agent who are looking for a talented Bus and Coach Mechanic to join its team in their modern workshops in Townsville, QLD. These are permanent positions suitable for experienced Leading Hand Diesel Mechanics, who must have experience with a variety of Coaches and Buses.
This is a stand-alone role so you must be comfortable working with no instruction as well as being in a team. You will be responsible for scheduling maintenance, carrying out preventative maintenance and ongoing repairs to vehicles.
- Long established, they are a trusted name in the industry
- They take safety very seriously and have previously won awards
- A supportive senior team that like to offer ongoing training and development for all employees.
- Min 3 years post trade experience / relevant trade Certificate
- Outstanding troubleshooting / diagnostic skills
- Electrical and hydraulic fault finding experience
- HR Licence preferred
- Good written and oral communication with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to drive and promote OH&S in the workplace
- Experience on Mercedes, Volvo, Scania or UD Buses and Coaches preferred
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- International Candidates might be required to pass a skills assessment (i.e through VETASSESS or TRA). If required please include your certificate in your application.
Who Can Apply
- TSS/482 visa applicants
- Australian and New Zealand permanent residents
- Australian and New Zealand citizens
TSS/482 Visa Sponsorship Available
This client is willing to offer sponsorship through the 482/TSS visa for experienced applicants. You must meet the visa requirements set out by the Department of Home Affairs Immigration.
To be considered for TSS/482 sponsorship, in addition to the job requirements you will need to:
- Hold a Recognised International Trade Qualification in Mechanics (i.e Red Seal, City and Guilds, FETAC etc)
- Hold an approved English Test Certificate (i.e IELTS 5.0 Minimum in all 4 sections), or be a citizen of UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, or New Zealand
- Be in a financial position to support your application and associated costs
- Be able to move to Australia as soon as your Visa is granted (preferred)
Only applicants that are able to prove you have gathered all of the required documents, will be considered. You must be financially able to pay for your visa lodgement, as soon as the employment contract has been signed.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com we will then send it on to our recruitment partner who is managing this job vacancy.
In your email, please include If you require TSS/482 visa sponsorship or if you already have an approved Australian visa with work rights.
If you require TSS/5482 visa sponsorship, please include the answers to the following questions.
- gathered all of the documents needed for the visa application?
- had all of your documents checked and organised?
- got the required funds to apply for your visa once offered the job?
Please note: This job vacancy has been advertised by Visa Jobs on behalf of the employer or one of Visa Jobs recruitment partners. We are unable to answer any specific questions you might have.
Due to COVID and the Australian borders remaining closed, it is up to the employer or recruiter to decide if they will consider offshore applications at the moment. Good Luck!