CNC Production Supervisor – Aerospace Products
- Industry Trades & Services
- Job Location Brisbane, QLD
- Salary Range From($AUD) $65,000
- Salary Range To($AUD) $85,000
- ANZSCO Job Fitter (General)(323211)
About the Role
This company is a leading Global Aerospace Parts Manufacturer, as part of an expansion to their Australian Operations, they currently have openings for 3 skilled CNC Machining Supervisors for their state of the art facilities in Brisbane.
This is a hands-on role designed to facilitate production processes and promote best practices within manufacturing activities. The Production Supervisor will ensure that manufacturing resources are efficiently utilised to achieve project output targets.
The purpose of the role is to provide direct technical support to CNC machinists and manage resources to achieve targeted production outputs. The production supervisor will be responsible for day to day output of a team of trade qualified CNC operators and CNC machines. Machinery includes 4 and 5 Axis (simultaneous) machining centres with Heidenhain and Fanuc controls and automated loading systems. Medium to large component manufacture to defence industry specifications.
What Will Be Expected
- PRODUCTION OUTPUT – Supervise CNC operator resources and facilitate machine maintenance activities to achieve planned production outputs per Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Develop and execute recovery plans where targets are not met.
- DIFOT – (D*elivery In Full On T*ime) Ensure that DIFOT KPI is maintained through the machining processes and manage resources for timely recovery where targets are not met.
Managing the adherence of documented quality/process procedures and work instructions and taking personal accountability for achieving defect free output. Ensuring that defective product is dispositioned in a timely manner with supporting documentation completed and retained as quality records. Responsible for the control of any non-conforming product through the manufacturing process.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT Initiate and manage ongoing improvements in all operational processes.
- SAFETY HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT Responsible for the governance of adherence to health and safety rules and regulations within the manufacturing areas.
Process operators and leading hands within the manufacturing facility report directly to the Production supervisor/s.
- 5+ years in a Production Management role which includes production planning and human resources
- Defence/Aerospace industry experience
- Sound understanding of high-speed machining techniques (light metal alloys)
- Experience in supervising a team of skilled artisans.
- Experience in leading machining process improvement activities.
- Ability to co-ordinate with other departmental managers/supervisors to resolve production issues.
- Ability to diagnose machine/machining issues and implement recovery actions.
- Experience working within an AS/EN 9100 Quality Management System
- Sound understanding of GD&T standards (ASME/ISO)
- Familiarity with Heidenhain and Fanuc control systems.
Who Can Apply
- TSS/482 visa applicants
- Australian and New Zealand permanent residents
- Australian and New Zealand citizens
TSS/482 Visa Sponsorship Available
This client is willing to offer sponsorship through the 482/TSS visa for experienced applicants. You must meet the visa requirements set out by the Department of Home Affairs Immigration.
To be considered for TSS/482 sponsorship, in addition to the job requirements you will need to:
- Hold a Recognised International Trade Qualification in Mechanics (i.e Red Seal, City and Guilds, FETAC etc)
- Hold an approved English Test Certificate (i.e IELTS 5.0 Minimum in all 4 sections), or be a citizen of UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, or New Zealand
- Be in a financial position to support your application and associated costs
- Be able to move to Australia as soon as your Visa is granted (preferred)
Only applicants that are able to prove you have gathered all of the required documents, will be considered. You must be financially able to pay for your visa lodgement, as soon as the employment contract has been signed.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com we will then send it on to our recruitment partner who is managing this job vacancy.
In your email, please include If you require TSS/482 visa sponsorship or if you already have an approved Australian visa with work rights.
If you require TSS/5482 visa sponsorship, please include the answers to the following questions.
- gathered all of the documents needed for the visa application?
- had all of your documents checked and organised?
- got the required funds to apply for your visa once offered the job?
Please note: This job vacancy has been advertised by Visa Jobs on behalf of the employer or one of Visa Jobs recruitment partners. We are unable to answer any specific questions you might have.
Due to COVID and the Australian borders remaining closed, it is up to the employer or recruiter to decide if they will consider offshore applications at the moment. Good Luck!