At Visa Jobs your privacy is of paramount importance. As the custodians of your personal information, we have developed this policy to ensure that your privacy is always protected while you are using the Visa Jobs’s website.
Services Offered / Limitations
Visa Jobs does not provide legal services and/or legal advice. The subscription service allows users to connect with Australian employers and our affiliate immigration agents in Australia.
Note to minors
We do not knowingly market to or encourage children, minors or anyone under the age of 18 to use our services and we request that children do not submit information to us.
About Visa Jobs and the information we collect
Visa Jobs is Australia’s Number One Source for TSS Visa Info and TSS Visa Sponsored Jobs. Visa Jobs is both a free and paid service to all users that meet our age criteria, please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.
When you enter Visa Jobs, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all Visa Jobs users. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to Visa Jobs. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
In our online registration and profile creation form, we ask you to provide us with certain information such as your name, your email address, your gender, and your date of birth, your location details and some optional details about yourself. These details are available to you anytime, and are capable of being corrected, altered or updated through your “Profile Update” page.
At your own discretion, you may choose to post additional facts about yourself. These facts may include sensitive personal data such as your ethnic origin, level of education, professional qualifications. You may choose to volunteer sensitive personal data to us when you create your profile. The exceptions may be your resume; you may chose to have all information relevant for prospective legal experts to view and use only for the purpose of being retained by you. Appropriate checks are placed on your user page to manage what you can safely display.
We internally use personal information of our users to statistically analyze site usage, to comply with applicable law, to improve our content and product offerings as well as to customize our site’s content and layout. We may also use personal information about you to deliver information to you that, in some cases are targeted to your interests, such as targeted banners and promotions. We believe these uses allow us to improve our website experience and to tailor your online experience to better meet your needs. We use personal information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our” Products and Services Available On The Site” link.
You may wish to receive emails from us in respect to new message notifications, or for other purposes related to the use of the website. You can opt in or out from these messages via your “Personal Settings” page.
Your profile data will be available to other users of the website if you select the “Enable Public Profile” option in your settings.
By registering on the website you acknowledge and agree that the profile data and other postings that you provide, including sensitive personal data, may be accessed from countries outside of the United States. Please note that countries outside of the United States may have lower standards of data protection laws.
By registering on one of our partner websites, you will be providing personal information to our partner. Their privacy policies and practices are separate to those of Visa Jobs and we strongly encourage you to familiarize yourself with the policies and practices displayed on the partners website.
Disclosure of your information
We do not sell or rent out any personal information about you to any third party. We do disclose information in aggregate for marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose any information that could be used to personally identify you. Certain information, such as your password and address is not disclosed at all.
In order to maintain a healthy community, Visa Jobs would cooperate with all law enforcement inquiries.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law if we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served.
Your use of other users’ information
You may not use other users’ information for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate the accounts of those who misuse other users’ information or who otherwise violates the Terms & Conditions of this website.
You may choose to leave your account dormant for an unlimited period of time.
Control of your password
You may not disclose your password to any third parties or share it with any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password. This can be done via your personal if you click on your “My Account” link.
Reviewing and changing your personal information
Once you register, you will be able to review and change much of your personal information including:
Your contact email address;
Your profile, photographs;
Your city, region, and country of residence;
Promptly update your information if it changes by signing in to your account and following the screen prompts. We strongly urge you to periodically change your password to help reduce the risk of unauthorised access to your account information.
We welcome any comments or queries you may have, so please feel free to send a message to our Visa Jobs Membership Accounts Department for the purposes of altering your information or changing your settings beyond the control options listed on you “My Profile” section.
Visa Jobs has security measures in place to protect and prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Visa Jobs uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information by hosting Secure Socket Layer. While “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, our technical experts at Visa Jobs work hard to ensure your secure use of our site.
Deleting your Profile
The Administrator of the Visa Jobs network has the following right to delete your profile from the Visa Jobs database if the user is reported and found to be using unacceptable language, is a menace to other users, uses or displays material online that is offensive to social and religious sensitivities to a region.
Invite a Friend
If a user decides to use our Invitation option to invite a friend to our website, users have an option to add their friend’s email addresses. Visa Jobs will automatically send their friend an email inviting them to join Visa Jobs’s website. Visa Jobs stores this email address for the purpose of automatically associating the friend with the user sending the invitation. Visa Jobs does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations. The friend may contact Visa Jobs to request the removal of this information from our database.
By providing us with information about a friend, you confirm their informed consent to do so.
Uploading your Contacts
If a user decides to upload their contacts, email invitations will be sent on the user behalf to everyone on their address book, Visa Jobs will not store your passwords. Visa Jobs will only stores the name and email address of the contacts for the purpose of automatically associating the friend with the user sending the invitation. Visa Jobs does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and future notifications.
What information do we collect?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details, passport and other biographic details and your credit card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
- Sensitive Data. Because of the nature of the services we provide we will, in some instances, need to collect the following sensitive data about you in order to deliver the service you have contracted us to provide:
- Biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person
- Data concerning health or a natural person’s sex life and/or sexual orientation
We require your explicit consent for processing sensitive data, so when you submit your details, we will confirm your consent to this processing.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us, and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, we may send you periodic emails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional email from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our email list and receive email communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Chrome, Safari, Firefox) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your online account information, sign into the “Member Profile” section of our site.
To modify your email subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “Member Profile” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production. Please go to www.visajobs.co/unsubscribe to remove information.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue. If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Policy Only
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website, please send us a detailed message at email@example.com – We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: July 16. 2019.